Re: Problems with building Redboot for the iq80321

John Clark <j1clark at ucsd dot edu> writes:

> Am Montag, 14.04.03, um 02:12 Uhr (US/Pacific) schrieb Nick Garnett:
>
> > John Clark <j1clark at ucsd dot edu> writes:
> >
> >> When I attempt to use the ecosconfig built from the recent cvs'd host
> >> sources,
>
> Here's my setup script that has worked for the previous versions of
> ecosconfig with older Redboot sources. (This works with the appropriate
> mods for the iq80310 or 321 and Redboot sources vintage early 2002).
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> export TOPDIR=`pwd`
> export ECOS_REPOSITORY=${TOPDIR}/packages
> mkdir ${TOPDIR}/build
> cd ${TOPDIR}/build
> /usr/local/bin/ecosconfig new iq80321 redboot
> /usr/local/bin/ecosconfig import
> ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/hal/arm/xscale/iq80321/current/misc/redboot_ROM.ecm
> /usr/local/bin/ecosconfig tree

This looks OK. (Assuming the line break after "import" is a mailer artefact).

> (I noted that in your e-mail you have a line:
>
> ecosconfig import
>
> This just gives an help listing for me.

Oops. That should not have been there.

> >> I get an error on:
> >>
> >> ecosconfig tree.
> >
> > It would help if you told us what the error was.
>
> The error is pretty 'unhinful', but here's the gdb back trace when I
> run ecosconfig manually with the 'tree' option in the 'build'
> directory created above.
>
> Here's the output from the script above:
>
> Setup_iq80321
> U CYGHWR_REDBOOT_ARM_LINUX_EXEC_ADDRESS_DEFAULT, new inferred value
> 0xA0008000
> U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0
> ./Setup_iq80321: line 9:   488 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
> /usr/local/bin/ecosconfig tree

Ah. That's a whole different ballgame then. It looks like there might
be some incompatibility between ecosconfig and whatever version of
Linux you are running. It is strange that it only fails on the "tree"
invocation and not on the previous two, though.

This is not my area of expertise, John Dallaway can probably help you
better with this.

> Perhaps if there is a known 'working' snapshot of the source I could
> see if there is just
> some stupid error in the cvs'd images.

The version 2 beta release should have both a working ecosconfig and a
consistent source tree. You could try downloading that just to do a
sanity check. It even has the latest Atlas changes in it.