Da: Jonathan Larmour [mailto:jifl at eCosCentric dot com]
Inviato: martedi 8 aprile 2003 18.00
A: pascal dot pediroda at brime dot it
Cc: eCos Discussion
Oggetto: Re: R: [ECOS] R: [ECOS] Trouble with loading an exe on Redboot
(XScale DBPXA250platform)

Pascal Pediroda @ Brime wrote:
> In the little window that pops up I have :
> Ymodem sector/kbytes sent: 0/ 0k Retry 0: NACK on sector
> Rewtry 0: NACK on sector
> Ymodem sector/kbytes sent: 3/ 0k Retry 0: Got 24 for sector
> ACK
> Retry 0: Got 24 for sector ACK
> Retry 0: Got 24 for sector ACK
> Retry 0: Got 24 for sector ACK
>
> Does it seems to work correctly to you ?

Yes. Sometimes it has to retry a few times at the outset to get into sync,
but then gets going. Definitely try and select the file quite quickly from
the outset to give it more time to sync.

I would ask you to check that you're using a recent redboot, but I know
you can't be if it's the DBPXA250 as that's a port Intel refuses to
contribute, so it won't have many fixes. Hassle them about it. In the
meantime you could try to merge in any fixes yourself from the public code
base. Have a look at redboot's xyzmodem.c. I know intel have heavily
customised their redboot package in general so you can't necessarily just
substitute in the current redboot package.

You could also try xmodem instead of ymodem - if it fixes the problem, who
cares.

Of course one possibility is that the serial can't keep up and you're
dropping characters - you could try a lower baud rate, either with the
baudrate command or you may have to recompile your redboot.

Or there may be some other problem causing character loss such as flaky
hardware.