Re: new board [again]

Alessandro GARDICH wrote:
Hi

i have a new board custom designed and i would have eCos on it (mainly
the GDB stub).

The board design is based on the Lubbock mainly without all of the
programmable logic and some pheriperials it have but if I have
understand correctly Ecos Packages for Lubbock is avaiable only by
Intel. :( so i cannot start from Lubbock to build my board :(

Now i'm trying anyway to learn Ecos and how to build it for my board.

but i have a (maybe trivial) question ...

i don't find 'driver' for RAM. Where is it into the processor initialization ?

For an ARM based board, it is generally the macro PLATFORM_SETUP1 found in the platform HAL's include/hal_platform_setup.h file. This will have been called from the architecture HAL's vectors.S.

I recommend a thorough read of the eCos documentation, and also to consider Anthony Massa's book on eCos which does cover this level of detail quite well. http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs.html