Re: SCC driver for 8xx PowerPC processors

Hello

eCOS newbie here, just tinkering around with a PowerPC Viper board and eCOS
trying to make it say "hello world". Not very sucessfully at present but
thats another story.

If we decide we like eCOS and decide to use it for a new project we would
need proper interrupt driven operation of SCC1 (with RTS and CTS). SMCx is
no good for a real world App. as it hasnt got any hardware handshake lines.

So I just wanted to say a few words of encouragement to Paul  Randall/Gary
Thomas please follow that SCC1 work through and get it back into the archive
it will prove very useful to us if we go with eCOS. Thanks

            Regards Geoff