Re: python?

On Sunday, March 9, 2003, at 11:37 AM, Gary D. Thomas wrote:

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 12:25, Shannon Holland wrote:

I was planning to get a compact flash card and use that for the OS file
system - figured these things would get rather large plus it's a lot
faster for copying lots of stuff. The board has ethernet as well, so
that will be useful once I get it all going.

This biggest obstacle you'll have here is that we don't [currently] have
any file systems suitable for the compact flash device.

Yes, this was lingering in my mind somewhere... How are you running yours then? Do you have lots of onboard flash?

What sort of things did you have to do to python? Were they general to
ecos or more specific to your environment?

Being one of the members of the original eCos team, my interests are more in eCos - how to make it more useful, making sure that it works well with user applications (like Python), etc.

Ahh yes - one of the people I need to thank for bringing us ecos!

I have quite a ways to go until I get there, but I would be very interested in knowing (roughly) what you had to do to get python working?

Thanks!

Shannon