Re: Re: Running an application - How to continue without gdb

Bahadir Balban wrote:
>Jifl wrote:
Particularly since the problem is probably that diagnostic output will still want to use the GDB protocol and therefore expect an ACK from GDB, which never arrives so the target stops.

Ah, I see now. I thought there's no gdb communication since the application has no input/output but just a loop. Of course there's gotta be. Thank you for your guidance.

Well, actually if there's no diagnostic output, there won't be any GDB protocol traffic.... although you have to kill GDB in a particular way to make sure it doesn't try and leave the target in a halted state (which just quitting GDB alone with "quit" would do)

But isn't this preventable without modifying source, i.e. if I disable any diagnostic output/debugging totally from configuration? Because I do not need
debugging at all.

The best way to solve this, if you don't need any debugging, is t disable CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT in your application build which should make the program ignore anything from GDB once it starts running. Then you can quit GDB happily without worrying about it trying to stop your program.

After you "continue" your application, you will probably have to press ctrl-c twice and confirm in GDB to get it to hang up since the target would no longer be responding to GDB.