RE: Building stubs for ADDER - MPC850 board

Can including the header file or using externC help?

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Chandra Sekhar, G
Sent: 10 February 2003 03:26
To: Gary D. Thomas
Cc: eCos Discussion
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Building stubs for ADDER - MPC850 board

"Gary D. Thomas" wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 02:50, Chandra Sekhar, G wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   We configured stubs for the ADDR - MPC850 board using the linux
> > graphical configuration tool eCos.  When we build it we got a linker
> > problem.  It says 'cyg_hal_plf_serial_init' is not defined.  This, a
> > function, is defined in the file  'quicc_smc1.c' between #ifdef  and
> > #endif of 'CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC860'.  Should it be
> > 'CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC850' for the current board? or
> > some thing wrong with my configuration?
> >
> >    I downloaded the eCos from anonymous CVS on 5th Feb. 2003.
>
> One more thing - the "stubs" configuration is not truly
> supported any more (except for a few special platforms).
> Use RedBoot instead.
>
> --
> .--------------------------------------------------------.
> |       Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development        |
> |--------------------------------------------------------|
> | Gary Thomas              email:  gary.thomas@mind.be   |
> | Mind ( http://mind.be )  tel:    +1 (970) 229-1963     |
> | gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc       |
> '--------------------------------------------------------'

Gary,

  Redboot also has the same problem.

  We used the configuration tool as you explained in your
previous reply,
    templates-> Hardware = A&M Adder PPC850 board
and
   Packages = Stubs/Redboot.

  The problems occurred at the time of building, after
successful configuration.

   We do not have the A&M boards, we are planing to get
them/similar boards.

regards,
chandra