Re: ROMRAM startup in arm arch

Mark Salter wrote:
Jonathan Larmour writes:

Are there any ARM platforms with ROMRAM startup that _don't_ copy it in the platform HAL?

The AT91 seems to only relocate 0x10000 bytes (64K) no matter what which looks quite odd indeed.

The aaed2000, excalibur, ebsa285, as well as edb7xxx and integrator as we know all seem to copy all ROM.

So any reasons for me not to tweak vectors.S to relocate from ROM to RAM only for ROM startup? And fix the at91 to be consistent with the other platforms?

Is there any reason to copy all ROM? Ideally, just copy that part of ROM
which actually contains something useful.
Well the at91 copies that fixed size. ebsa285 seems to copy all of ROM.

Other than that all the others I believe indeed only copy up to __rom_data_end (or __ram_data_end depending on the test).

So maybe I should fix up the ebsa as well.

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine