RE: Can anybody compare the ARM tools (compiler, assembler,linker etc) to the GNUPro Tools ?

You have all the source for the OS, so you don't HAVE to use the GNU tools
at all.

That said, you may find that you have a lot of porting work to get a
different tool chain to work. Is your tool choice worth that added effort?
The ARM tools do generate smaller and faster code than gcc/g++. I haven't
programmed ARM in a couple of years, but we were using 2.95.2 at the time
and I remember the ARM SDK was generating code about 20 to 30 percent
smaller. The execution speed difference was not as great, but then, we were
not compute bound, so it wasn't an issue.

Doug

PS: Please put your questions in the body of your mail, not the subject
line.

Doug