From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com>
To: "Gary D. Thomas" <gary.thomas@mind.be>
CC: matthew de veza <imdeveza@hotmail.com>,eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] global addressing in ecos
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 06:43:44 +0000

Gary D. Thomas wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 04:53, matthew de veza wrote:

we've been testing an ecos target with the tahi test suite and the tests which involves autoconfiguration of global addresses seem to all be unsuccessful. i would really like to find out if the global address autoconfiguration feature/stateless address autoconfiguration feature which was ported from freebsd to ecos has been fully ported and is robust and functional. can anyone please help me?

I'm afraid you're somewhat on your own here.  Red Hat pulled
the plug on the eCos project (dropped most of the developers)
before the IPv6 project was really complete, so there may
be many things that aren't quite working.
Actually I thought they were contractually obliged to complete it and get the TAHI testsuite running. If so, they should have made some fixes to fulfil the contract. Perhaps they didn't contribute back the patches?

Anyone from Red Hat out there?

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine