RE: fis load -d

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 12:30, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> > I seem to recall it working properly in the past.  However, there
> > have been some changes in the decompression code, so if your change
> > makes it work better, we should apply it.  Can you send a proper
> > patch, along with a ChangeLog entry, please?
> >
> I will be glad to do so, but first I would like to investigate a little
> further, just to understand a little more about what is going on.  I don't
> expect that my little change will have any far-reaching consequences, but it
> was a "2 seconds of thought" change, rather than a "what the heck is going
> on here, what is the root source of the problem, and what is the correct fix
> for the problem" change.  I noticed that the "-s" information was correctly
> interpreted elsewere in the code... perhaps the "more correct" change would
> be to make sure that it is interpreted correctly for the decompression code.
>
> Of course, if you really want the "2 seconds of thought" change, I can write
> up a ChangeLog entry and ship it off...

Whatever you're comfortable with :-)  I would agree that it
would be preferable to make the 'fis_load' function stop when
all of the data have been processed, rather than changing the
decompress function.  If you can find & fix it like this, it
would be best.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc