Re: Problem with mbufs...

Hi,

   I updated to latest version of ecos2.0 (16-12-02) taken source from
ecoscentric and ported on our custom board (MPC860 based).
   Still we are facing the problems with  mbufs especially when we give
 flood ping of size 1500 (pkt size).

	eg. ping -f -s 1500 <ip-addr>   will immediately start giving
"warning: eth_recv out of mbufs".

regards
prem.

On 18 Dec 2002, Gary Thomas wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 09:29, M.PREM KUMAR wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > 	I am using ecos version 1.3.1
>                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Here's your problem!  This code is terribly old and the network
> stack has lots of problems, especially in the area of memory management.
>
> Update to the latest CVS and your problems will probably go away.
>

> >  I made CYG_PKG_MEM_USAGE to double the size of default value. Still
> >  there was no use.
> >
> > regards
> > prem.

> > > Depends on how old, but yes.

> > > ping sends and receives. You say you have checked eth_drv_tx_done. So
> > > you have checked for leaks in mbufs used for transmitting. Have you
> > > looked for leaks of mbufs when receiving the ICMP ECHO reply?

> > > This controls the number of mbufs, clusters and memory pool. See
> > > packages/net/tcpip/current/src/ecos/support.c If you want more mbufs,
> > > increase this.
> > >
> > > Also, please CC ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
> > >
> > >       Andrew

> > > --
> > > Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
> > >

> >     				\//////
> > 			       	[ o o ]
> > 				 \_-_/
> > 				__| |__
> > 	   		       /  \ /  \
> > 	______________________oooO___Oooo_____________________________
> >         ______________________________________________________________
> >         M.Prem Kumar
> > 	IVRS Group
> > 	Switching Division
> > 	Centre For Development of Telematics
> > 	71/1,Sneha Complex,
> > 	Millers Road
> > 	Bangalore-560 052
> > 					     Mailid:
> > 	Ph. 080-2250009 (Direct)             prem@cdotb.ernet.in
> > 	    080-2263399 (Ext.382)	     pmoluguri@rediffmail.com
>
> --
> Gary Thomas                 |
> MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
> +1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
> http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
> email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
> gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc

    				\//////