Re: problem after telnet to target

thanks for the reply.

On 20 Dec 2002, Gary Thomas wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 08:52, Shivaji Navale _01307908 wrote:
> >
> > can someone  help me on this issue.
> >
> > On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Shivaji Navale _01307908 wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We prepared redboot bootable binary from latest CVS.
> > > after telnet to i486 target, we got the redboot prompt.
> > > But there was no response for any commands.
> > > The target was able to be  ping'ed.
> > > However, when on target console all was fine.
> > > The connection times out for gdb (ethernet) for the same target.
>
> This makes sense - nothing is getting into the board.
>
> > > when using the prebuilt binary obtained from redhat source page, all
> > > worked fine.
>
> Why are you building your own image?

we want to hardcode default ip/gw/server address

> You could always force network debugging on (look in the RedBoot
> code) to see what's happening when you try and send data to the
> box (the debug info should come out on the serial port).

but for the bin image from redhat source page too, serial
communication is not working on this i486 target; however serial port
is alright.

> > > But when using the same boot image  on another i486 target,
> > > didnt give above problems.
>
> Since PC platforms are all so different, this also makes sense.
>

> > > PS: target when pinged by packet size > 150 bytes doesn't respond,
> > > this happened also for the bin image from redhat source page.
> > >

> Are you sure that you don't mean > 1500 bytes?  The RedBoot stack
> does not support IP fragments which are required for such large
> packets.

yeah for packet size > one fifty /two hundred  bytes.

Also, simultaneous gdb and telnet connections are not possible.
when gdb is established telnet doesnt work and viceversa.

thanks,
shivaji