Re: CVS docs

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 23:01, Bart Veer wrote:
> I am not familiar with Xmetal, but there is an important issue about
> such tools generally. They may not mess about with the SGML contents
> of a document. However when outputting the savefile most tools will
> completely change the structure. For example tags may be indented
> differently, whitespace may get removed or added, paragraphs may get
> wrapped using a different number of columns, etc. This will not be
> noticeable if you only use a single tool, but other people using e.g.
> emacs may be badly affected.

In fact, Xmetal preserves the structure of the file, with an exception: If You
edit the file in one of WYSIWYG modes, it invents some structure of it's own
for the edited or inserted part. But You can correct that in plain edit mode.

But that still doesn't mean I'm buying it, since it does not support the
latin2 entity, which is defacto standard in our country.

iz