Re: Ethernet on E7T

Hi Neil,

I don't know if this is affecting you but this the response I received from
samsung regarding my e7t board.
I too am wanting to add an ethernet PHY to my e7t, please let me know how
you go.

Have you had to add any extra memory to the e7t to get the networking
components to fit?

/James

Hello James,

S3C4510X(KS32C50100, old name) has some error on ethernet BDMA part.
BDMA has buffer descriptor and it is composed of 4 words.
Third field of it is status&length field. Our error is that status field
say Good but
some packet data received was spoiled under heavy traffic.(about 10~20%
packet spoiled under heavy traffic)
However, S3C4510B fixed it. So, I recommend our new revised chip, S3C4510B.

Regards.

Jaiwon Choi
32bit Network Application Senior Eng.
Access Network, SOC2 Div
System LSI Business, Samsung
e-mail : jwchoi@sec.samsung.com
Tel      :  82-31-209-2831

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           NHibberd@aol.com          |
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           ecos-discuss-owner@sources|
|         |           .redhat.com               |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           30-09-2002 06:51 AM       |
|         |                                     |
|---------+------------------------------------->
  |       To:       ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [ECOS] Ethernet on E7T                                                                                       |

Hi there,

I am attempting to get ethernet and TCP/IP up and running on
my Arm E7T board with a 'tacked on' STE100P PHY device.

So far, using the Samsung ks32c5000/s3c4510 ethernet
driver and having tried both lwip (eCos 1.3.net) and freeBSD
(eCos 2.11) networking stacks, I have not been able to
successfully ping the board.

By monitoring the ethernet BDMA IO registers, I know that the
MAC/PHY is successfully receiving frames because I
am able to view the contents of the ethernet data frames
when they are transferred to RAM.

Are there any special tweaks that I need to do to get the
networking stack (or driver) operational?

Thanks,
Neil