Re: diag_printf

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:18:57 +0530
Vinayak P Risbud <vinayak@multitech.co.in> wrote:

>             But, at the end..which function of serial driver is called
>             I am asking this because, there are two serial writes.
>             For e7t board,
>
>             One under /packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/hal_diag.c
>         another,
>             /packages/devs/serial/arm/e7t/current/src/e7t_serial.c

HAL_DIAG_WRITE_CHAR is defined as hal_if_diag_write_char which is common to all hals
and in turn calls CYGACC_COMM_IF_PUTC  which expands to
 __call_COMM_IF_PUTC(_t_,_c_)

the problem with finding this is that is not explicitely defined but by using cpp tricks
by one line above

__call_voidCOMM1(IF_PUTC, void, __comm_if_putc_t, cyg_uint8)

Now this is part of the virtual vectors setup magic.

The porting guide describes this virtual vectors/communication channels interface in detail.

For finding the macros or your way quickly through the sources in general you could use
ctags or even better cscope.They are very useful.But they don't help in a situation like
the above.