Licensing of OpenSource code and eCos

OK, let's start a new thread (who's maintaining CVS).

The fact is, that eCos is a self contained and self evolved product,
thus it should be published under the eCos license (as the whole!), to
whatever that license evolves (and whoever is the holder).

GPL: can't be used here without the exception, because it prohibits
linking of the eCos with the end user application.It's hard to get an
approval from the FSF to publish some GPL-ed code under the eCos GPL
with the exception. Only the RMS at FSF can give such an approval.
 There can be a workaround if all the original authors of the GPL-ed
code agree to publish it under the eCos GPL. As far as I know they have
been granted that right when they assigned the copyright to FSF.

BSD: It seems OK to publish the BSD code under the eCos public license,
as long as the original BSD license is also in-there.

PS.: Am I wrong? According to the copyright law, if the original code is
modified by more than 20%, the one who modified it that way can claim
copyright.

Regards
iz