Re: Who's maintaining CVS

Jani Monoses wrote:
- Jani surrenders any interests in the code with the disclaimer
that answers the question: "Would you be willing to sign a copyright disclaimer to put this change in the public domain, so that we can install it in program?" (from http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_7.html#SEC7)

So, since this procedure is documented on the FSF site, I believe
they are not against the open source 'community' spirit.

Ok you're right I didn't know about this.
Not this specific form, but you did know the principle ;).

You only need to make sure that you have the legal rights to give away all your "Copyright interests" in this code.

Well this is a right I am sure I don't have because the contributions
are not written from scratch.That's why I asked in an earlier mail whether
all BSD network stack authors signed such an assignment?I highly doubt that.
I think most legal issues arise when the license is GPL but with BSD or
more lax licenses there should be less fear.
BSD for an imported external project like lwIP will almost certainly be
tolerated. Contributions written from scratch don't have that excuse though.