Re: Who's maintaining CVS

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 18:30, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> Thats the whole point of the distributed test farm. Its the
> infrastructure to do this. The tests themselves exist, its the host
> side that is missing to build, download and then get the pass/fail
> results from the target. Bart wrote an email about his vision on how
> this should look. I just cannot find the message at the moment.
>
>         Andrew

The tests exist for the kernel, HAL etc. But on the network side, it's
said about the tests that these are more like examples, not serious
tests. Let alone the new device drivers or filesystems. The tests must
be written by the author or the testing person or just done by using the
stuff some way.

I found it hard to find the suitable test for my VMware-net patch.All
these (at least all the ones that built at that time, some did't) work,
but I know there should be some situations causing the driver to fail
(resulting a packet loss).

There were 15 downloads of the driver from my site, but only one
feedback so far.

iz