how to build an eCos library for ARM7tdmi simulator

Hi,
     i m not sure, if this is the right place to post the
queries, but if its not, then kindly fwd the same to the concerned
e-id.
      well, i m trying to develop an embedded application, which
is ported on to the arm7tdmi system target board as a firmware.
i would like to start of with the development of the application
with out waiting for the hardware. now, this application requires
an RTOS(eCos) for operation.
                             hence, i m goin for a freely available
RTOS i.e eCos and trying to look out for an ARM7tdmi simulator, using
which i can start of developing my application.

  the current eCos configuration tool(v 1.3.1), doesnot have any such
arm7tdmi simulator package..for testing. plz kindly help me out to get
the ARM7tdmi simulator package to test my application.

 also, link me..to some other ways to test my application..with out the
hardware..i m basically lookin for ARM7tdmi based architecture only.

thanks for ur help in advance..
satish