From: ecos-discuss-digest-help@sources.redhat.com
Date: Tuesday 20 Aug 2002 02:45
Subject: Problem with adding new packages in windows configuration tool

16461 by: "Chris Paulson-Ellis" <kelsall@dsl.pipex.com>

Hmm... It sounds like the hardware property should be there (the package
will probably only work on an ISA PC), but there are more changes required
to ecos.db. How come I didn't have any trouble with ecosconfig on Unix? Does
it do different checks to the windows config tool?

When I tried doing simple things with the Windows config tool, such as
removing the Intel I82559 driver, I get the same errors that AL was getting.
Using ecosconfig I can simply do...

ecosconfig remove CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_INTEL_I82559
ecosconfig remove CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_I386_PC_I82559
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_NS_DP83902A
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_RLTK_ISA8019AS

Why isn't this possible? I don't understand what checks are being made.

Chris.