Re: Re: Re: compile redboot error for AT91EB40

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 02:18, shouyi wrote:
> Gary Thomas:
>
> thx, the board which I used is very familer with AT91EB40, it is just the EB40 board added 8019 and usb client,
>
> so I want to port redboot to this board :)
>
> If I just remark " #error ", is there any harm to redboot?
>
> And in "Redboot user's Guide", it is said
>
> " exec - Execute a Linux kernel image
>
> NOTE: This command is not available for all platforms. Its availability is indicated in specific platform information in
>
> Chapter 5.", is it available for AT91EB40?

I would say "no".  I really doubt that you want to run Linux on
this hardware (more accurately, I'd be more than surprised if you
*could* run Linux on it).  So, it makes sense to just leave out
that command.  I told you yesterday how to make that happen.

Then you will be able to build a RedBoot for your platform.

> 2002-08-11 08:14:00 you write:
> >On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 13:00, shouyi wrote:
> >> Gary Thomas:
> >>
> >> but I need the function booting linux, is there some method else?
> >>

> >Then you need to define CYGARC_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS(x), which typically
> >lives in plf_io.h.
> >
> >Just how do you expect to run Linux on such a platform, which has
> >such limited capabilities (no MMU, virtually no RAM, no networking)?

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |