RE: serial port ARM e7t problem

I had a similar problem on the Integrator platform (running out of flash at
a fairly slow speed on an ARM7TDMI) and managed to improve performance by
adding a simple FIFO buffer in the ISR and ensuring Rx interrupts remained
enabled. The DSR then reads out of the FIFO buffer; if further characters
arrive in the time it takes for the DSR to be scheduled, they will go into
the FIFO buffer. The current rudimentary e7t serial driver will keep Rx
interrupts disabled until the DSR completes, which makes it more likely that
overflow in the Rx holding register would occur.

As someone has already pointed out, you could also try using the DMA
somehow, but I can't offer any more advice on this.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
www.jennic.com Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655