Re: Redboot DHCP and gateway support

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 12:51, Grant Edwards wrote:

> > I am also interested in DHCP/Gateway support for Redboot.
> > I would like to get your patch or have support added to
> > the Redboot source if it is not already there.
>
> I've attached patches containing my DHCP and default route
> changes.
>
> Disclaimer:
>
> These patches are against a rather old version of Redboot
> (circa December 2000).  Though I've tried to cull out
> extraneous diffs, I've made a lot of changes unrelated to
> DHCP/gateway, and these patches may contain unrelated changes
> that may or may not have already been incorporated into the CVS
> source tree (changes that you may or may not want).
>
> IOW, don't apply the patches blindly.

I'm looking at your patches and they seem mostly straight forward.

* How did you intend to set ip_local_mask, ip_local_gate (assuming
  that one is not using DHCP)?
* Is the DHCP mode always used, or can it be selected/configured?
* The test for a broadcast address in __ip_send seems to be hard
  coded for Class-C addresses.

Once I understand these questions, I'll probably merge these changes,
along with some additional configury.