Re: Hi Please See to my problem in eCos

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 00:17, Khasim wrote:
> Hi Gary.
>
> I am Khasim. I am in the process of porting ecos to powerpc using the configtool 1.3.1.3 for windows.
> I am having few doubts.
>
> 1. I want to port (burn) kernel and application in FLASH.But when I build the kernel I am getting only library files I need an elf Image. what should I do to get an elf Image.I dont want to use GDB.
>
> 2. The System startup says cyg_start is in infra/current/src/startup.cxx
> but this function is there in other files also like stubrom.c
> How should I configure such that while building it links the file infra/current/src/startup.cxx and not stubrom.c

You need to build a complete application using the eCos kernel library.
A good example to look at is how to build the RedBoot application.  This
is a stand alone (ROM/FLASH) program, build using eCos.

note: Please send your questions on eCos to the discussion list.  That
way, everyone benefits from both the questions and the answers.