Re: romfs on linux synthetic

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:41:00PM +0200, Morten Laursen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can see from the archives that some of you use romfs on linux synthetic,
> but not how.
>
> I particular, how do you link the rom image into the synthetic target?

Two ways

1) Don't! malloc a block of memory, read the image in from the file
   using the host OS backdoor access functions and then mount it.

2) Jifl wrote a script that takes a binary image and turns it into an
   initialized C array. This is compiled into object form and linked
   in like any other C file. You pass the array to mount. See
   file2c.tcl and the test case in the sources.

   Andrew