Re: Flashing eCos to i386 target

ALLY MYLES wrote:

> Hi
>   Some basic doubts
>
>    Redboot is the server process
>    GDB is the client process
>    We need to rebuild Redboot,inorder to enable
> network support for it.
>
>  After this processes  we can  flash the eCos image to
> the target mechine[one booted in RedHat]

If this is a PC, you can't program the Flash with it.

>   is it the correct order?
>   anything missing?
>   is there any way to avoid this Client -Server
> connection? i mean  is there any means to flash the
> image  using Redboot alone   ..with out using GDB
> client?

If you mean how to download an image not using GDB, yes, in the RedBoot
documentation you can find out how to retrieve images from the RedBoot
command line using TFTP (via ethernet), xmodem or ymodem.

If you mean just have your application boot directly, then the only way to
do that right now is to build your eCos application for "FLOPPY" startup
mode, and copy it onto a floppy the same way you did RedBoot.