Re: [help] - MPC860 IO definition and usage?

bbelief@seed.net.tw wrote:

> Hi, I am very new to ECOS.
> I am doing the development with PSIM(simulator) because my hardware is not ready yet.
> It will be very appreciated if you can help me to answer these questions.
> A. I am confused about the realtion between ECOS and Redboot. I suppose that ECOS already include Redboot but I am not sure.

RedBoot is a ROM monitor application based on eCos. It uses eCos just like
an application would.

However for PSIM, you probably shouldn't be thinking about redboot - it's
intended primarily to help load to and debug on hardware. There's no need
for a simulator.

> B. It looks like ECOS is waiting for GBD command after power on, I don't know what is the real world of the ECOS running because I don't have a MBX. That's why I don't understand how can I integrate apps. to ECOS and let it run at power on.

Describe what you did and we can tell you where you are going wrong!

> C. MPC860 has many IOs, how can I define it and get ready to be used in my code?

PSIM doesn't define every bit of hardware. It's mostly an architectural
simulator, by which I mean it emulates the instruction set.