Re: Thread sample error

Charles-Henri Balet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have porting the pid platform on an oki board, it's work fine for standard
> and redboot, i'm happy.
> I want to test the thread sample program and the result is this on the
> serial port :
>
> Entering twothreads' cyg_user_start() function
> Beginning execution; thread data is 0
> Beginning execution; thread data is 1
> Thread 0: and now a delay of 239 clock ticks
> Thread 1: and now a delay of 230 clock ticks
>
> and ... no more
>
> the cyg_thread_delay(x) work only one time by thread, with only the thread
> A, I have this result :
>
> Entering twothreads' cyg_user_start() function
> Beginning execution; thread data is 0
> Thread 0: and now a delay of 239 clock ticks
>
> the interrupt timer for RTC clock work fine, my problem is only with the
> cyg_thread_delay function,
> the first call work fine but I cannot call this function any more, the
> second call don't return...
>
> any has an solution ?

I've heard several people reporting this, but have never seen it myself. If
you break and do "info threads" are the threads listed but asleep? You
could enable kernel instrumentation, and decode the instrumentation buffer
to determine what the kernel has been up to. You could even try setting a
breakpoint in the kernel at Cyg_Scheduler::unlock_inner which should catch
all thread switches.