CVS checkout from repository pauses

Hello from Gregg C Levine
I am in the process of checking out the current contents of the CVS
repository. It pauses around the time it reaches contents of the
configuration tool, and this pause lasts for an unreasonably long amount
of time. This was not happening the last time I was working with the
eCos product. Is there something I can do to prevent it? I am running
CVS from a Slackware Linux box, connected via a 10BASE-T based network,
using a pair of 3Com 3C905 cards, my Win98SE box is the one with the
dialup connection to the network. I am following the instructions on the
web page, titled Anonymous CVS access. The Linux box will be the one
that I use for building, and studying eCos.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi