Re: Redboot with net support

On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 06:51, A Roturier wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I can build redboot image and burn it onto flash and boot it up to see
> "RedBoot>" prompt shows up. Also can i do with a testing program built with
> "net" package. However, when i try to compile a redboot image with network
> capability, I have difficult choosing appropriate components to include
> before the image build starts.
>
> In Windows configuration tool, either I choose 'redboot' package first and
> add network support or I choose 'net' package and add redboot component
> it fails to build the image. For former it keeps complaining some conflicts
> but I can't find suitable components to add. For latter there are some
> compilation errors.
>
> So what components should I include or is there any docs about this?

If you're trying to [rebuild] an existing RedBoot, use the .ecm file we
provide.

If you're trying to build RedBoot the first time, i.e. a new port, here
are the steps.  Note: I use the command line, but the ConfigTool actions
are the same:
   % ecosconfig new <platform> redboot
   % ecosconfig add eth_drivers
   % ecosconfig tree
   % make

The key is that the 'net' package is only for full eCos programs.  In
the case of RedBoot, all you need is the "common ethernet drivers"
package which brings in the networking framework.  It should also
implicitly enable any network drivers defined for your target.