Re: edb7xxx MAC address

On Thursday 31 January 2002 03:43 pm, you wrote:
> Jesper Skov wrote:

> > > I don't know why but that option has been hard-coded to 0.
> >
> > Don't know. Probably a mistake. Looks like the code should support it.
>
> Christian, care to edit the .cdl file for the EDB7xxx package (in
> devs/eth/arm/edb7xxx/current/cdl/ ) and change the "calculated 0" for that
> option to "default_value 0". If that all works for you, let us know and we
> can change it in the main sources.
>
> Jifl

	Sorry for this late reply. I made the changes that you suggested and now it
works fine. Thanks a lot!

	I also noticed something: the function "show_bootp", called in
"init_all_network_interfaces" to display the network setup, sais that the
harware MAC address is FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF, even if I changed it to
08:88:12:34:56:78. I am sure that the change occured because I saw it on my
computer with "arp". Maybe this should be modified too in the main resources
to notice users that the MAC address has been set to the requested value.

	Regards,
		Cris