More on ethernet debugging

Hi All,

now that we seem to have our debugger working over the LAN more reliably, I
have another question about its performance. On our 50MHz MPC860 targets it
takes quite a while for each debugger command to be executed.  For example,
when singlestepping through a group of assignment statements it taked 3 - 5
seconds for each singlestep command to execute. Stepping through more
complicated code takes longer. In general, the interface seems to operate
quite slowly.

What I'd like to know is if this is normal and to be expected, or whether
we may have a Bad Thing in our configuration here that is causing things to
run suboptimally.

Thanks in Advance

Geoff

Geoff Patch