Question about Socket Program on i386 target

Hi all,

Let me explain my problem:

We build support for socket programming using the package net-1.0b1.epk. The
build was through. But when we execute a simple socket call like"
socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM,0) "through gdb, we are not able to get into
cyg_start function. It takes the breakpoint at cyg_start function. But When
you say continue after loading the program it simply hangs rather than
hitting the breakpoint we placed. But the same program  with out the socket
call executes as expected.

Can anyone explain me what went wrong?

Thanking you in advance
Ramesh