Re: RedBoot and WindowsCE restoration on iPAQ H3630

"Manos S. Pappas" wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         Can someone give me some instructions on how to restore Windows CE to my iPAQ, using the four image files that were created by the Compaq osloader program?
>
>         I've found some instructions at the www.handhelds.org website, but they refer to their bootldr system, rather Redboot.
>
>         Also, when I try to install Redboot permanently into the iPAQ ROM, I get errors about flash ROM failed to erase. What's wrong?
>
>         Thank you in advance.
> ---
> Best Regards,
> Manos S. Papp&agr;s        frontier@unwired.gr
> Address: D. Synadinou 8, 82100 Chios, GREECE
> PGP key available on request

You can always search the ecos-discuss mailing lists archives if you haven't done so.
I remember that some time ago there was a discussion about restoring a windows CE image on an IPAQ. Maybe the following thread will help you a little bit.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-08/msg00599.html

If there is something that was put online in some eCos documentation later than this thread sorry but i am not aware of it. The RedHat people should be able to answer
you question better.

good luck,
vlassis