RE: edb7xxx downloader

That sounds like a cygwin issue. I take it you know the code runs on the
target board because you've tried it at the default baud rate? is your
bootcode byte for byte identical to the cirrus bootcode? Is anything
else touching the serial port by any chance?

Having the downloader read the bootcode from a file seems like an odd
way to do it. Why not just have make rebuild the downloader every time
you rebuild the bootcode?

> Anyone know what the possible reasons for this error might be?
>
> If I download the original pcBoot buffer, this doesn't happen.

So what is different between the original pcBoot buffer and your
version?

> I suppose the only way of figuring out of the bootloader code
> is working
> correctly is by using a hardware debugger such as MultiICE or
> EmbeddedICE right?  If so, I'm screwed! :(

We've done a bunch of stuff with the bootcode without the luxury of an
ICE. The 7211 eval board has two serial ports, correct? You could use
one as the protocol channel and use the second to dump diagnostics from
the device, that's probably the easiest route. Our hardware only has one
serial port which made it a bit harder.