Re: build redboot from the source code

> I'm trying to get Redboot to run on a board running the Intel StrongARM
> SA1110.

<snip>

> I get the message:
>
> RedBoo
>
> and nothing else.  Can someone shed some light on what I am doing wrong?

I had this problem too, on a custom SA1110 board (see msg00384 in the
archives). In my case, the HAL was apparently hanging while trying to
write to additional serial ports. After poking around the HAL serial
driver for a while, I eventually just tried removing HAL support for
ports that I didn't need, and this fixed the problem. Then I never
bothered to go back and figure out what was really going wrong :)
Eventually, the problem seemed to fix itself (I now have RedBoot
working on two serial ports), possibly when I updated my source
tree. I assume, since you're porting to a new board, you have recently
checked out the source tree, though.

Hopefully, that helps direct your search. When you do figure this out,
I'd be interested in hearing what the cause was.

-- Nathan Ickes