Re: Redboot and Ecos build for IQ80310 eval board

>> Hi All,
>> I am using the xscale tools from the CD that came with the iq80310 eval
>> board. I have built the redboot using the ecosconfig tool version 1.4.13
>> and the  source from CVS dated 8/23/2001.

>How are you configuring and building RedBoot?
1. Using the ecos config utility, following steps are taken:

1. load the repository from the source for packages
2. Load the platform for IQ80310 and select package for redboot.
3. Import the redboot.ecm from the packages
hal.arm.iq80310.current.misc.redboot.rom
   This displays the memory description map.  ROM ( 000000000 - 007FFFFF )
contains text,
   fini, rodata, rodata1, fixup, gcc_except_table, adata, fixed_vectors
follwed by data
   relocated, bss and heap1. The RAM is at 0xA0000000- 0xA1FFFFFF.
4. build library - this outputs the redboot_install directory with
binaries.

I am doing the build incorrectly?

> Problem 1:

>> I have flashed the redboot.bin file using the flash utility provided on
the
>> CD.  After flashing the redboot.bin that I built, The iq80310 hangs with
>> LED's "04". In my debug I have found that the code in vectors.s module
>> where it copies ROM data to RAM, it overwrites the code being executed.

>The code is being executed from flash in low memory. RAM is above
0xA0000000.

This may be a build issue and may be related to Redboot_ROM.ecm file for
IQ80310.
Is there any updates to Redboot_ROM.ecm? Am I on the right track?

> Problem 2:

>> I also build ecos build and tests for iq80310 platform using the
ecosconfig
>> tool version 1.3.14 and the source from CVS dated 8/23/2001. I flashed
the
>> redboot.bin from the CD that came with the iq80310 ( which works by the
way
>> and connection is made via serial and ethernet link to GDB host ). When
>> downloading the ecos test; the GDB communications stops with target
almost
>> right after ROM vectors are loaded. I noticed that when I change the
memory
>> for target  RAM starts at 0xA0000000 instead of 0 and build both ecos
and
>> the ecos tests; I am able to load the ecos test. When I run the test,
again
>> the iq80310 hangs with LED's "04".

>Usable RAM starts at 0xa000A000. The area below that is used for
>exception vectors and the mmu page table.

The ecos is built at 0xA0000000 using the tampalte for IQ80310. I have
tried moving the RAM from
0xA0000000 to 0xA0030000 and built both Ecos and the tests. Now test(pci)
loads and when I run the
test; the GDB and the IQ80310 seems to be hung with the LED display "01".

--Mark

Barry Khatri

919-543-7825 fax 919-543-8221
3039 Cornwallis Road Int Zip B205/CC165