RE: How to build RedBoot for S3C4510

On 24-Aug-2001 Simon wrote:
> Hi all,
>     Does anyone know how to build a RedBoot for S3C4510? I wanna this
> redboot image to be programmed into the flash memory and make the whole
> system boot from it. I know the chip is used on ARM's E7T board, and there
> is a package for this board in eCos. But it seems it does not replace the
> original bootloader in this board.
>     So...does anyone know how to build a pure redboot which is executed at
> first atfer power on?

Actually, the RedBoot in that package does replace the original code in
function (i.e. only RedBoot runs from reset).  This is an artifact of how
the hardware is wired up on the board - there is a switch to decide how
the FLASH is mapped.

You should be able to take the at91/eb40 package and modify it to suit
your needs.  Everything should be in there.  Note however that the released
code is somewhat hardwired to that particular configuration.  You may need
to adapt it to your hardware.