Re: objdump for binary file

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 02:05:18PM -0600, Trenton D. Adams wrote:

> > > I compiled an eCos program and then copied it to a binary file.
> > > Is there a way of dumping the assembly now?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Run arm-elf-objdump --source on the ELF file.

> Ok, if the arm-elf tools can't do it, how would I do it?

It can be done by converting the file back into ELF format.

> I want to reverse engineer a driver for the PCMCIA controller
> I'm using.  I think it's in plain binary form, but I'm not
> sure.

You've got an eCos program in binary-only and you need to
reverse-engineer it?  Ouch.

Have you reverse-engineered machine-level stuff before? You
probably need to find a good interactive disassembler that lets
you annotate stuff as you figure it out. I don't know of any
for ARM.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com