Re: Redboot and printf

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Diehls <billabloke@yahoo.com> writes:

Bill> Hello, One thing I noticed for the PID platform, is that when I
Bill> build Redboot, it links two copies of printf -- one in the libc
Bill> package (printf.cxx) and one in the redboot package (printf.c).
Bill> I didn't realize this, but it seems that ld will pick the first
Bill> symbol it finds instead of reporting an error.  In my case, it
Bill> is picking the libc implementation.  It seems that it should be
Bill> picking the reboot implementation.  If it should, perhaps there
Bill> is a configuration problem on my end?  I'm wondering because I'm
Bill> trying to port Redboot to another ARM7 platform and it is
Bill> unclear which is correct.

Think of RedBoot as an eCos application that's providing its own
implementation of printf. It does not need libc, so you should not
have that package included.

When you prepare a RedBoot build tree, do it like this:

 ecosconfig new <target> redboot

Not by starting from the default template and adding the redboot
package.

Jesper