Re: How do I restore WinCE image?

Hi,
    I think the problem of the "corrupted fis" is sort of solved. Although
the fis table looks different from that on the web page, redboot can still
boot. I can create fis partitions for the kernel and jffs2 images. The
reason why I failed to boot to linux is that I set the option "-l 0x80000"
for the exec command instead of "-l 0x280000". I thought the length of the
kernel partition is only 0x80000 long, so I thought there was a typo error.
When I tried with 0x280000, it worked.

    Now I am quite confused. Why must we use 0x280000 instead of 0x80000? Is
it becos we must allocate 2MB more of memory for the kernel to store its
temp stuff during booting?

    Then, I tried another thing. Instead of loading the kernel image from
the flash, in the boot script, I told it to load the kernel image from the
tftp server and exec the image immediately from the ram. This simulates a
normal thin client implementation. However, eventhough I used the same exec
command with the "-l 0x280000" option set, it failed to exec and hanged
there.

    The actual kernel image size downloaded from the tftp server is 0x7e122.
I deduced that it might be that fact that we need exactly 2MB extra like the
previous case. So, I used "-l 0x27e122" instead and exec the kernel on ram.
This time, the lcd flash into a messy screen of colours and hangs there. At
least something happened but I am still unable to boot to linux.

Can anyone help?

Yee Peng