Port problem

Hi all,

I'm porting eCos to a XScale based platform. The board have Cygmon in its
Flash memory, which is invoked at reset time. I can load an eCos
application in it (I'm modifying the port to IQ80310). So far I have
modified the file PLATFORM_SETUP1, in which I change the memory map and
initialize (or re-initialize since cygmon initialize them already) all the
necessary components (caches, BTB, MMU, etc...). All this seems to work
fine. The memory mapping is changed so that I have SDRAM at address 0x0.

Now I'm a little confused on how to make the serial communication work. I
can download an application using GDB. So obviously there is a connection
between the target and the GDB in the host. What should I do to keep using
this connection to send debugging messages to the host? Or should I break
this connection and restart it somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Cristiano.

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira - http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cpereira