RE: Re: Romboot in i386 (continued) - comms. problems

>>RedBoot can only use polled drivers and is not set up to use the "normal"
>>serial I/O in eCos.
>>
>>Perhaps it's just a matter of not using the FIFOs appropriately in the
>>HAL [diag] polled routines?

Yes - they don't seem to be switched on by default. I decided that if I'm
going to have to implement ring buffers to handle the FIFOs I might
as well go the whole hog and try to provide hooks to the 16x5x code.

Is this likely to turn into a time consuming operation do you think? One
thing I'm concerned about is that IDTs are a bit of at unknown at the
moment to me. I kind of assumed eCos got these set up correctly
so that I wouldn't have to ?

Regards,

-Alex

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/