RE: Hardware Watchdog

Very possibly you are correct, but I do
not know the gdb stubs at that level.
To honk the thing, you just write a register.
The problem is, if you are late even one
clock tick, the processor resets, and there
is absolutely nothing you can do about that.

That is why I propose finding all the normal
surface loops, then just plain shutting the
watchdog down if GDB starts.

Doug

> So the idea is that you need some piece of code telling
> the watchdog "I'm alive", correct?  Surely this can be
> done without all of the baggage of handling interrupts.

Yup, as long as you cover every single loop location.

> I don't see how you can handle interrupts without enabling then.
> Once they are enabled, then other interrupt conditions might need
> to be serviced, etc.

Install NULL handlers....