RE: Unable to load srec files via serial port

On 24-Jul-2001 Mynampati, Venkata S. wrote:

>> > i use this command "load -m ymodem -r -b 0xa1000000".
>> > Is there any size limitation for x/y modem upload?
>>
>> If this is a Motorola S-record file, you probably do not want "-r"
>>
>> If it fails for large files, perhaps you are running out of memory.
>> What does "RedBoot> version" display?
>
>   RedBoot> version displays:
>    RedBoot(tm) ... env - built July 16 2001
>    Platform: IQ80310(XSCALE)
>    RAM: 0xa0000000-0xa2000000, 0xa0011450-0xa1fd0000
>
>    I have plenty of memory.i stopped using '-r' option.
>
>    All i want to do is:
>     copy boot/compressed/vmlinux image into flash and
>     run 'fis load vmlinux'.
>     Now, i am able to do that just with vmlinux, but,
>     'fis load vmlinux' gives me an error with file format
>     something like 'file not executable'. That's when i decided

You probably get this error because you did not use the "-r XXX" option to
'fix create'.  If you don't use this option, 'fis' does not know where in
memory to load your image.  Alternatively, you could 'fis load vmlinux -b XXX'

If you provide the _exact_ output of what you try, we can possibly help more.