From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of David Webster
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 10:27 AM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] Motorola ColdFire MCF52xx

Hi,
	Has anybody ported eCos to the Motorola Coldfire, in particular
the MCF5272 (embedded Ethernet and USB)?
	I can't find any reference to it having been done. We're
evaluating the Coldfire against an ARM7TDMI and the ease with which we
can port eCos to our platform is obviously a factor. I know eCos has
been ported to several flavours of ARM7TDMI single chip procesors. Can
anybody give me an idea of the complexity of porting eCos to the
Coldfire - I believe gcc/gdb tools exist for the Coldfire (ucLinux has
been ported to it) so can these be used to build eCos?

	Thanks in advance
		David Webster