Re: loading srec files thru redboot

>>>>> "vipin" == vipin mehta <vipin_mehta@hotmail.com> writes:

vipin> Hi, Using the prebuilt redboot image (redboot.UU) for e7t board
vipin> I've been successfully able to get the board boot from RedBoot
vipin> on startup. So far so good. I have a test application now which
vipin> i want to download onto the board using redboot. the
vipin> application image is in the 'srec' format (Motorola S-Record;
vipin> binary data in text format). i then execute
RedBoot> load example.srec
vipin> I get some Cs on the screen and after that some dots and after
vipin> that it just times out saying "'example.srec' could not be
vipin> loaded". what could i be missing ?

You need to start a download in the terminal program at this time.
In minicom that's done with C-a s

vipin> i get the image and i flashwrite it into the board. when i
vipin> reboot the board it throws some junk characters onto my
vipin> hyperterm configured at 38400 baud. I suspected some baudrate
vipin> problem and so I tried this with hyperterm running at all the
vipin> possible baud rates one by one. I cudn't succeed. what could be
vipin> the problem ?

You didn't invoke the 'plugin' command by any chance?

Jesper