Re: Problems with RedBoot on x86 generic pc...

"Matthew M. DeLoera" wrote:

> BTW, I didn't thank some of you for responding to my previous problem
> with building for a pc target. With Jifl's CVS update, it now builds.
>
> Anyway, my current problem is with RedBoot. I built the x86 version and
> booted with the diskette. It seems to come up, and I see a RedBoot
> prompt on my screen. I'm assuming that even though I can see it on the
> local console, the local console isn't active, right? So, I have to use
> a serial port or network, right?

Yes it should be active. Is it not?

> It's not working with my particular ethernet card,

It only supports the i82559 (intel etherexpress pro).

> so I'm trying with
> the serial port. I've tested my cable with my host machine and another
> Linux machine, and they talk successfully with minicom. But, when I
> connect the same cable between my host and my target, and boot the
> diskette on the target, and attempt to connect with gdb, I can't get a
> connection. I'm assuming I'd get the RedBoot prompt, right?

On the console, what happens if you type "+$k#6b" (without the quotes).

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/