From: Jonathan Larmour [mailto:jlarmour@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 1:56 AM
To: Tony Ko
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Question about Ethernet Raw Packet communication !!

Tony Ko wrote:

> hi.
> I'd like to transceive Raw Packet via Ethernet on eCos ( platform is
> MBX860).
> this Raw Packet dosn't need any protocol stuff, such like IP header.
> ( It doesn't use general ethernet protocol.    just uses user-defined
> protocol )
> So it needs only source-ethernet-MAC-address/destination-ethernet-MAC-
> address and user-defined data.
>
> So I'm confused if I should use socket or something.
> What parts can I use for this kind of Raw Packet ethernet on eCos
> package?

If you have no need of a TCP/IP stack, talk directly to the stuff in
io/eth
in the same way the TCP/IP stack does.

Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223)
271062
Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley ||
Opinions==mine
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions
http://www.redhat-techworld.com/